Small tips for fun in relationships
- Smile at each other when you first wake up.
- Exaggerate your affection for each other—Make everything bigger than it is. Add a dash of silliness for fun. For example, holler " I love you." Tell each other of your undying love—compare it to the universe. Describe each other’s eyes in terms of romance—Blue as the deep, blue sea, green as a Rajah’s emeralds.
- Laugh together at the funny things you see and experience on a daily basis.
- Go on a spur-of-the-moment picnic.
- Dance together in the living room, in the parking lot, on the street, in the mall.
- Read to each other before you go to sleep at night.
- Cuddle up together on the couch when you watch TV.
- Find some time during the day to enjoy a long passionate, romantic kiss.
- Walk together holding hands—swing those hands.
- Share at least one bit of humor each day.
- Tell each other the good things about each other.
- Make a special time each day to laugh and talk—just the two of you.
- Practice hanging out together over a cup of coffee, a coke, or a glass of wine.
- Develop lots of different, playful ways to say I love you. You can use different accents or languages, create a banner for your living room, develop a card, write it on the mirror in lipstick.
- Use your imagination to develop playful greetings for each other like a dramatic hug, enthusiastic joy at seeing each other, overdone messages about missing each other.
© Enda Junkins, LCSW, LMFT, BCD
- Hits: 11702